Hello Stéphane,

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Re: [Scilab-users] How to remove all the figure in a single instruction
Date :  Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:28:19 +0100
De :    Stéphane Mottelet
Pour :  Users mailing list for Scilab <users@lists.scilab.org>

Sorry, Denis was faster than me... Btw, the graphical objects hierachy
is missing a root window object, i.e. something that would allow :

-->rw=get("root_window")
  rw  =

Handle of type "Root" with properties:
children: ["Figure","Figure"]

and later

-->delete(get(rw,"children"))

I am sorry, but what would be the interest of such a syntax compared to the existing xdel(winsid())?

*The root object already exists. It somehow represents the screen*:

-->get(0)
 ans  =

Handle of type "Console" with properties:
Children: "uimenu"
ShowHiddenHandles = "off"
ShowHiddenProperties = "off"
UseDeprecatedSkin = "off"

-->uman root_properties al

Scilab > GUI > root_properties

root_properties - description of the root object properties.

Description
-----------
The root object is a virtual object used to get the computer screen properties. Use
 get function with 0 as first argument to access its properties.
  Root properties :
        screensize_px : The screen size in pixels.
        screensize_pt : The screen size in points.
        screensize_mm : The screen size in millimeters.
        screensize_cm : The screen size in centimeters.
        screensize_in : The screen size in inches.
        screensize_norm : The normalized screen size.
        screendepth : The number of bits used to encode colors.

Examples
--------
 get(0, "screensize_px")
 get(0, "screendepth")

See Also
--------
get — Retrieve a property value from a graphics entity or an User Interface object.

*It is somewhat completed by the getsystemmetrics() function*:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/getsystemmetrics.html

Samuel