Le 08/07/2017 à 04:13, Taiji HAGIWARA a écrit :
Dear all,

I have a question on "sparse" function in ver.6.0.0
Sparse function in ver.6.0.0 returns different answer compared to ver.5.2.2. I am using Scilab 6.0.0 on Windows 10 (64bit)

When we set same (i,j) factor twice or more,
ie.
ij=[i1,j1;
    i1,j1]
v=[a1;
    a2]

Scilab 5.5.2 used to return the sum of corresponding value, a1+a2.
But Scilab 6.0.0 now returns the last entry, a2.

Is it a bug?
Otherwise, is it a intended revision?

      Hi all,

    If it is the case, it's for sure a very bad idea : the sum feature
   of the sparse function is used to build finite element matrices fastly
   in those softwares (matlab like). At least the usual behavior could be
  changed by an additionnal option parameter (with the default set to
  get the old behavior).

   hth
  Bruno