Hello,

You can use "resume" to return values in caller environment.
In case of callbacks from gui interaction, caller is always "console" scope.

In your callback do something like "data = resume(a);"
That's create or overwrite "data" with the contents of "a"

Example :

xdel(winsid());
clear createGUI callbackFromGui;

function createGUI()
    f = figure(...
        "dockable", "off", ...
        "axes_size", [300 100], ...
        "infobar_visible", "off", ...
        "toolbar", "none", ...
        "menubar_visible", "on", ...
        "menubar", "none", ...
        "default_axes", "off", ...
        "background", color(255, 255, 255));

    uicontrol(f, ...
        "style", "pushbutton", ...
        "string", "Send variable in console context", ...
        "position", [(300 - 200)/2 (100 - 25)/2 200 25], ...
        "callback", "callbackFromGui");
endfunction

function callbackFromGui()
    a = rand(10, 10);
    data = resume(a);
endfunction

createGUI();

After clicking on the button, you should have a "data" variable in the console.

Regards,
Antoine