Hi Stéphane and Antoine,

thank you for your prompt response. I tried resume but maybe I did not understand a callback at all.

My software:

The caller shortened => DM_datamenu.sci
Start it in the toolbox.start file with DM_datamenu("start")

----->

function [] = DM_datamenu(action)
[lhs,rhs]=argn();

if (rhs==1) & (typeof(action)=='constant') then
        if action == 1 then
            exec(fullfile(path,"macros","sce", "Read.sce"),-1);
        end

end
if (rhs==1) & (typeof(action)=='string') & (action="" then
        addmenu('Data',["Read"],list(2,"DM_datamenu"));
end

endfunction
<-----

The script shortend => Read.sce

----->

// Get some parameters for interpreting the csv file and the name of the output matrix
labels=["Name of matrix where Scilab saves the data", ...];
datlist=list("str", 1, ... );
values=["mat", ...];
[ok, mat_name, ...] = getvalue("CSV and Scilab parameters", labels, datlist, values);
// Read the data file according to the parameters from the GUI and store it in the matrix
// variable of the name specified in the GUI and stored in the string variable "mat_name"
execstr(mat_name + " = csvRead(fn, fld_sep, dec, [], substitute, [], [], headernum);");

execstr(mat_name + "= resume(mat_name)"); // DOES NOT WORK

<------

When I run the SCE script directly I have "mat" contaning the data available in the console (if I didn't changed the name in the GUI).