Le 16/10/2019 à 13:19, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

Sorry, I thought you were just asking about the tildas, not the syntax of unique() in Scilab.

Please see

https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/unique.html

vs

https://fr.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/unique.html

Matlab syntax [C,ia,ic] = unique(___)  with 3 outputs has no equivalent in Scilab.

If this output option is required, this request should be urgently reported on Bugzilla. Indeed, some new unique() features have been implemented and pushed on the Scilab forge for Scilab 6.1.0 <https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/20918/>,
and are pending, in answer to
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/8418http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15522http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15795
Such a request would challenge the third output position.
To me, the third foreseen output -- that is the vector of numbers of occurrences -- would be more useful, and faster to compute, so rather to appear before possibly ic in the output list.

Please note that ic should be computed as well in case of "r" or "c" option.

Regards
Samuel

i.e. in Matlab, after  [C,ia,ic] = unique(A) then A=C(ic), i.e. values in ic are the indices of corresponding unique value in C.  They can be recovered with the quick and dirty following loop:

for i=1:length(a)
     ia(i)=find(a(i)==C)
end

S.