There's a popular (meaning cheap) software defined radio receiver on a USB
dongle called the RTL SDR. Has anyone interfaced it or anything like it to
scilab/xcos. It would be a blast to stream data from this device into xcos and
play with DSP. Matlab has it but you're looking at $300 of software just to get
started. I'll take a crack at it (it's all opensource) if no one else has but
no sense reinventing the wheel. I don't see anything in the atoms list. Are
there any hooks in scilab to interface with hardware?