Hello,

Is VNC installed on the remote computer ? Ideally, TurboVNC is the best choice because it includes headless OpenGL drivers.

S.

Le 29/04/2020 à 14:51, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
Hello All,

Here is a Covid19 & forced remote work issue.
One of my students has to run some of his simulations and generate png/svg figures on a linux workstation we don't have physical access to given the current lockdown.

The problem is that from his Windows laptop without X server, he cannot "ssh -YC" to the linux workstation but only "ssh -X". He thus only have access to "-nogui" or "-nwni" modes were all the graphics macros are deactivate.

Any of you ever faced a similar situation and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

PS: it's a pity that scilab is not able to do real headless figure generation.

Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche
CS 60319, 60203 Compiègne cedex
Tel : +33(0)344234688