Sorry to upset you.  It's all very frustrating when their isn't enough clear
documentation available.

Windows wasn't sending any DHCP requests through the CHILD_SA however it
doesn't matter because it turns out the leftsubnet gets added to the routing
table.  So where I had the VPN server on 10.0.0.0/20 and the inner network on
10.0.64.0/20 and the clients on 172.31.0.0/20, the clients couldnt route
through to 10.0.64.0/20 without manually adding a route in windows. However, if
I set the clients in the 10.0.64.0/20 subnet, then they can route through
leftsubnet=10.0.64.0/20
rightsourceip=10.0.76.5-10.0.79.254
Will be a problem when a clients network is also on the same subnet, but for
now, it solves the problem.

Kind regards,

Christian Salway
IT Consultant - Naimuri