From: Ben Walding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 6:48 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Clover generates 0% code coverage reports

It was just that as I was writing Maven's Clover 1.2 plugin I couldn't
find any documentation on the property configuration for 1.2.  If the
1.0 property config method still works and is supported for 1.2 then I
can probably use that.

I was getting all kinds of weirdness with the clover dbs getting
corrupted and having to clean them out.  And the reason I didn't like
the ant tasks is that it clouded the issue of jvm shutdown which was
required to flush the data to the db.

(Btw.  I think clover is great, it's just that I couldn't get the maven
plugin reliably working on my first pass that frustrated me - and if I
can't get it to work, then I pity the poor end-user who will be saddled
with it!   - I want the plugin to be fire and forget -
clover:html-report is all they should need to know.)

I'll have another crack at reading the doco for 1.0.

Conor MacNeill wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:56 pm, Ben Walding wrote:
>

>>I blame Clover's absurd insistence on migrating everything to Ant
>>tasks.  But I'm just a grumpy mongrel.
>>

>Clover's Ant tasks are provided as a convenience. The alternate
property-based
>operation from Clover 1.0 is still supported and even the new filesets are
>made available through Ant references. So really, nothing has been
migrated,
>as such.
>
>Actually, we thought having Ant tasks would make the Clover plugin for
Maven