Thought I'd try and ask this again....

I've been tasked with developing a build process and want to use Maven for numerous
reasons. One of the primary requirements is to devise an automated versioning process
that will append an updated version to each of the project jar files as they are
generated.

Then, when the master build is executed, in the depencencies it should default to the
most recent versions unless it is manually over-riden by a property file.

My initial thought was to use some type of date formate, such as "abc-07162003.jar"
because our builds occur daily. But incase the decision is to version such as
"abc-1.0.1.jar" I'm not sure how feasible this will be.....

Any suggestions from the gurus?

Thanks