Joshua Spiewak wrote:

Hi there,

I just started using Maven and had a couple of questions. I am using version 1.0-beta-10 on Windows XP with Cygwin tools and Emacs (with JDEE).

The first question is why are the plugins and local repository created in C:\Documents and Settings\Joshua\.maven when %HOME% is set to c:\jss? I get around this by setting %MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL%, but it doesn't seem like that should be necessary.

The second question is a bit more complex. I am used to building from Emacs, using JDEE, so I figured I would extend JDEE to be able to run Maven in a similar fashion to how it runs Ant. Initially this went pretty easily, but I am now stuck wrestling with the --dir and --pom command line options of Maven. If I am one directory down from the top level of my project, I can successfully run maven with --pom ../project.xml. However, I cannot seem to specify an absolute path (with either tcsh or cmd), and trying to use --dir doesn't seem to help. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have tried "d:/work/project" and "/cygdrive/d/work/project" and "d:\work\project", all unsuccessfully.

You can use 'maven -f' to "find" the project.xml much like ant finds build.xml

Thanks in advance, and keep up the work on what looks like a very promising project!

-- Josh