From: Michal Maczka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 12:30 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Downloading dependencies

yes

> and how does Maven differentiate between the one performing the
> http update to intranet repository
> and the 30+ ?

Maven will not see a diff. between those downloads.
I imagine that what stops Mike from relaying on maven dependency handling mechanism is
this, that
not all of his dependencies can be satisfied automatically by Maven.

It is just enough if one developer will populate his repository with required
artifacts
and share his work by the way of "publishing" his repository in the intranet.

So effort required to do this is exactly the same
for the team composed of just one developer, 30+ or 1000+.

Michal