On Thursday 14 Aug 2003 16:33, Michael Mills wrote:
> After spending a lot of time looking at (what little) documentation
> there is and trying out various maven command lines I was wondering how
> (other than manually creating the dir in the maven.local.repository) you
> get any old jar that is required for a build into your local repository.
>
> If I have a jar: bob.jar that is currently in the 'lib' folder of my
> project, which is currently using ant to build with that path added to
> my project.classpath, how do I get bob.jar into my local repository so
> that I can add the following to my maven project.xml file and get it to
> compile:
>
>     <dependency>
>       <id>bob</id>
>       <artifactId>bob</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0</version>
>       <type>jar</type>
>     </dependency>
>
> I have tried to use the "maven jar:xxx" goals but they don't seem to
> work, also "maven repository:xxx" don't work (I have got a local
> webserver running and maven.repo.remote=http://localhost stored in
> build.properties in the user.profile directory).
>
> I would have thought that you could cd to the lib folder and execute a
> maven command to register bob in the local repository as version 1.0?
> This does not seem possible.
>
> In general I guess I am asking: what process is intended for files that
> A, are not open source (i.e. in the standard maven remote repo) or B, do
> not have the associated src files (and hence can not be built by a maven
> project where you can use "maven jar:install").

What you can do is just manually copy it into the maven repository where you
installed everything. There will be a repository directory. Create a
directory in there called 'bob', and then a subdirectory called 'jars', and
put the jar in there as bob-1.0.jar. When you run maven afterwards it should
find it :-)

--
Andy