ive encountered such a problem some time ago. i solved it by adding a namespace pointing to the plugin (or so it seems) :

<project xmlns:test="test" ..> ... </project>

where test is the test plugin (maven-test-plugin). - please note that after that the 'test' namespace was never used.

im really not sure if this should work (perhaps if this was just a side-effect), tho it has for me. maybe this can help.

-- gd

Brett Porter wrote:

Most plugins have a hook that you can add as a prereq (although not on a
preGoal - you'd need to do that differently by preGoal calling attainGoal on
the content).

Eg. War:load does nothing but bring the plugin into action.

This is likely to change in the future.

- Brett