Putting a patch in will definitely make it happen faster, however I'm not
sure it will make the release.
However, the next release allows easier downloading of plugins, which are
released on separate timeframes - so it may not be too long before a new ear
plugin is released with the fix if you submit that patch.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Cheers,
Brett