On Monday 06 Oct 2003 21:20, Dolf Starreveld wrote:
> I suppose I was confused then. Am I correct and understanding that
> there is no relationship between <id> and the other two
> <groupId>/<artifactId>?

Well from how I understand it ...

* A project currently uses <groupId> and <id>. It doesn't use <artifactId> at
all - it isn't in the POM schema.

* A dependency currently uses <artifactId>, <groupId> (<id>, <groupId> is
deprecated for dependencies).

... but I can understand why you were confused because the 2 parts (project
and dependency) don't *seem* totally consistent. Obviously the <id>,
<groupId> for the project will be used in putting any artifacts from the
project in the repository - using the same naming scheme as used for the
dependencies with those tags.

--
Andy