Martin Jaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 18/10/2003 12:02:51 AM:

> Hi
>
> I think the plugins are searched in the local repo and after this in
> the remote repo...
Not at all.

Read the FAQ. http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/optional/faq.html

> I had no problem to install the NCSS Plugin from sourceforge. But I
can't
> get a jar from the jdiff Plugin in the optional plugins.
AFAIK, the jdiff plugin is busted.

> I tried to check the project out of cvs to build it myself, but that
> didn't created the jar that work (maven jar:jar).
Plugins are built using maven plugin.

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
>
> > From: Howard M. Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: Maven Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: How are plugins found?
> > Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:22:30 -0400
> >
> > When you reference a particular plugin, how does Maven know where
> to get it and what version to use?
How are you referencing it? There are several ways?

> > How do you change your local environment to make use of a specific
> version of a plugin?
Remove the others is the best way, or specify a dependency on the plugin.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting