When generating my project javadocs, I'd like to link to other APIs, but
I'm in the dreaded 'behind a proxy' situation. So, I'm trying to do the
linkoffline thing, but it appears that Maven's default behaviour is to
direct the offline links to your offline API, which is not what I want.
I want it to read the offline package-list, then use the online link I
provide it. So, I'm using something like the following:

maven.javadoc.offlineLinks=http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/#../.
./document/apis/java

According to
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/javadoc/properties.html, this
is what I should use, but this leads to Javadoc trying to fetch the
package list from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/package-list,
which doesn't work, because of the proxy. If I reverse the order, to

maven.javadoc.offlineLinks=../../document/apis/java#http://java.sun.com/
j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/

Then I get links, but to the offline version, which is the behaviour as
if there was nothing after the #.

So, does anyone know if this is actually supposed to work, and what I am
doing wrong, or if it's a future goal, and not implemented yet. If so, I
think a bug report might be forthcoming...

Cheers,

Nick

---
Research Engineer