Nick,

which maven version are you using?

This was issue
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-694 .
I posted the patch, dion did the commit and this was done somewhere
between beta10 and RC-1.

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 15:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> When generating my project javadocs, I'd like to link to other APIs, but
> I'm in the dreaded 'behind a proxy' situation. So, I'm trying to do the
> linkoffline thing, but it appears that Maven's default behaviour is to
> direct the offline links to your offline API, which is not what I want.
> I want it to read the offline package-list, then use the online link I
> provide it. So, I'm using something like the following:
>
> maven.javadoc.offlineLinks=http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/#../.
> ./document/apis/java

Probably a problem with the relative path?  Did you checked with a
absolute path?

> According to
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/javadoc/properties.html, this
> is what I should use, but this leads to Javadoc trying to fetch the
> package list from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/package-list,
> which doesn't work, because of the proxy.
[..]
> So, does anyone know if this is actually supposed to work, and what I am
> doing wrong, or if it's a future goal, and not implemented yet. If so, I
> think a bug report might be forthcoming...

This is implemented and supposed to work as stated in the properties doc
of javadoc plugin in RC-1 and later.

cu,
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5