Brian Burridge wrote:

2) Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix classes quickly when checkstyle reports errors? We have 12,500 errors :), not all of which need to be fixed (we'll make some changes to the checkstyle format), but many do. I could use jalopy but then I have to replicate all the rules from checkstyle to jalopy. Any other suggestions?

http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/JalopyCheckstyleHarmony

I wrote that ages ago, it needs to be brought up-to-date with the new checkstyle format. The gist is, I found it so hard to get jalopy and checkstyle rules to match up, I just turned off everything I could fix with jalopy, or with my IDE's code formatter.

Now they both have an xml config format it would be extremely useful if someone wrote an xsl conversion between them; or at least if the jalopy plugin was changed so it would always try to use a config file that matched the coding convention (eg. both checkstyle & jalopy use a file called "avalon.xml" or "sun.xml" or whatever, based on the convention you choose)

-Baz