Here is the situation I have and would like to know if there is a simple
solution currently with Maven.

We have a web application that we build using Maven and this application
uses Hibernate. Every developer use their own schema in an Oracle DB. The
connection properties are set in a build.properties file that is different
on every developers workstation. We already have goals that are
parameterized with these properties that runs sql scripts against the
database. Fine till now.

What I would like to do is have our hibernate.properties stored in cvs as
hibernate.properties.template and in my goals be able to use velocity to
replace placeholders with the values of the connection properties.

Thanks,
François