You'll probably need to do some funky jelly involving
${systemScope.getVariable('java.version')}

Alternatively you could just generate one for each in succession, or
controlled by a property - these are probably better so execution
environment doesn't have to be the same as target environment.

Are the 1.4 differences may be related to that "invalid stream header" bug
in 1.4.2 +?

- Brett