From: Mark R. Diggory [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, 21 January 2004 8:03 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Plugins, JVM and dependencies

So...

I now have succesfully genreated my first pgp key pair using my signature plugin, but I have issues...

BouncyCastle currently comes in a few jvm version packages

JDK 1.4
bcprov-jdk14-121.jar
bcmail-jdk14-121.jar
bcpg-jdk14-121.jar
bctest-jdk14-121.jar

JDK 1.3
bcprov-jdk13-121.jar
jce-jdk13-121.jar
bcmail-jdk13-121.jar
bcpg-jdk13-121.jar
bctest-jdk13-121.jar

JDK 1.2
bcprov-jdk12-121.jar
jce-jdk12-121.jar
bcpg-jdk12-121.jar
bctest-jdk12-121.jar

The chanllenge when installing the JCE provider and PGP library is that it is very sensitive to version differences. IE I can't generate keypairs successfully on 1.4 with the 1.3 libraries [go figure ;)].

Is there a way I can detect the jvm verison on install or somehow manage which jars get installed given my jvm version?

-Mark

-- Mark Diggory Software Developer Harvard MIT Data Center http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu