On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:36:43 -0500, Mark R. Diggory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

True, true. That is another option. Maybe theres others. I can imagine generating other OS specific package installers too. (RPM, bin, XPI, sh, InstallSheild, msi ...). A plugin or series of plugins devoted to building such installers using maven and its repository resources.

-Mark

There are several such plugins on the maven-plguins.sf.net site:

* http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-runtime-builder-plugin
* http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-deb-plugin
* http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-rpm-plugin

The runtime plugin builds a runtime consisting of a
lib catalog witha all dependencies and .bat and .sh
shell wrappers.

--
Trygvis

Ethan Rider wrote:

Pardon my interjection, but if the problem domain is restricted to java files, wouldn't JNLP be the technology to leverage here?