From: Jörn Gebhardt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 March 2004 11:52
To: Maven Users List
Subject: AW: Download of SNAPSHOT-Plugins

Hi Martin,

'1.2-SNAPSHOT' means that it is the version 1.2 of the plugin that is still
in development and changes until version 1.2 is released. And I wanted to
use

maven plugin:download -DartifactId=my-plugin -DgroupId=my-plugins
-Dversion=1.2-SNAPSHOT

to download the latest version of the nightly build of that maven plugin.

But anyway, you helped me out with another problem I had with the versioning
of Maven plugins that are used to build an artifact. Until now I had a
proplem with building older versions of our project (e.g. for bug-fixing
branches). The source-code, project.xml etc. was revisioned in CVS, however
the versions of the plugins that were used to build the project are
mentioned nowhere. I.e. if you install a newer version of a plugin on your
computer it might screw up the original build. However, if you explicitely
write down in the project.xml the dependencies to the plugins you are using,
you can reproduce your revisioned project.

Joern