I can to be wrong, but I think that it is the snapshot idea, isn't it ?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dynamic dependencies
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:00:36 +0100

Hi all, I have a little (tricky) dependency problem :

Problem :

On the project I'm working on, we have several maven projects, and some of
them are "frameworks" projects that are used by the other ones. All these
projects depends of the same root project that defines the common things
like external dependencies.

We have something like this :

root project
|-- project 1
|-- project 2
|-- project 3

When we decide to ship a new version of a "framework" project (let's call
it frmk-project) , we have to update all the project.xml of the projects
that have frmk-project as dependancy, and as we have many of them, I was
looking for a way to make this automatic.

Idea :

So I thought that it would be nice to define the current "framework"
projects versions on the root project and put this version in the other
project dependencies so a version change would only cause I change to be
made : it would be something like :

root maven.xml

<j:set var="frmk.version" value="42"/>

project 2 project.xml

<dependency>
  <groupId>foogroup</groupId>
  <artifactId>frmk</artifactId>
  <version>frmk.version</version>
</dependency>

Problem :

The problem is : how is it possible to set the variable before getting the dependencies ?
I tried the build:start hook but it occurs later and I can't find any previous one, or is there any other way to do this work, or any other way to
solve this problem ?

Thanks

Julien K.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.