"replacetoken" is a subtag of "replace" ant task.
The tag replacetoken exists in ant 1.5.3... I've tested with this
ant version in my build.xml and works:
        <target name="teste4">
        <replace file="teste.txt">
                <replacetoken>123</replacetoken>
                <replacevalue>12345</replacevalue>
        </replace>
        </target>
but with maven 1.0-rc2 (maven.xml), with the same code:
    <goal name="teste4">
        <replace file="teste.txt">
                <replacetoken>123</replacetoken>
                <replacevalue>12345</replacevalue>
        </replace>
    </goal>
...does not work!!!

Could you test that, please? It would take 5 min or less... :-)

-Cassio