Sorry but I sent this mail 5 hours ago but it wasn't received on the ML.

I'm thinking that if you only copy the jar it won't work because we define
the classpath for FOP in the plugin script.

What you must do:
1) Copy the jar where you want.
2) Add a new pathelement where we call FOP in the pdf's plugin.jelly file.

I'm sorry but I didn't think about this.

Can you add an issue on Jira please?

I'll try to find a better solution.

Arnaud.