I'm seeing a lot of that PDF, seems to be a popular presentation. Slide 21 seems to indicate that a custom goal in the project's maven.xml file can use the reactor plugin to build all the sub-projects. However, I've read that the reactor plugin is old, and multiproject is new (hence preferred); did I misunderstand?

The other question is, how do I get the sub-projects, if they are built in this way, to share a generated site? I have only one project site, for the main project, but I'd like all the sub-projects to be listed in the main one, and have links to them as well.

Thanks,

Mark

Subject: Multiproject as a sub-project?
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:32:22 +0200

take a look at this architecture which could solve your problems : http://www.pivolis.com/pdf/J2EE_projects_Maven_V1.1.pdf

Nicolas,

Mark Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
19/05/2004 11:23
Veuillez répondre à "Maven Users List"

Pour : [EMAIL PROTECTED] cc : Objet : Multiproject as a sub-project?

I'm setting up my first Maven project, and trying to plan for the
future. The main project will be a collection of web applications
(separate ones), so I want to configure the project so that the main
project will build all the web apps (sub-projects), which in turn build
all of their EJBs, WARs, EARs, JARs, etc. To do that, I figured the
main project would use a multiproject, and each sub-project top level
would as well. However, when I tried to set that up, the sub-project
only generated overview information for the site documentation, it
doesn't compile its code, or generate the reports based on the compiled
code. If I run Maven in the sub-project, it does compile its code.

I guess I'm surprised that the multiproject goal can't be recursive,
because I see no reason as to why it couldn't/shouldn't be. Maybe I'm
reading the docs wrong? Has anyone managed to set up this kind of
project? Or do I just have to resign myself to building each
sub-project separately, or making a custom goal or something like that?

Thanks!

Mark