I have a multi-module top-level project. The first set of modules
build ordinary JAR artifacts, and each has some javadoc with it.

The next module just runs maven-shade-plugin to combine then into a shaded jar.

Finally, there's a module to build a release package.

I am not seeing how to organize the aggregation of the javadoc. The
shade project is not itself an 'aggregator' project, and adding an
execution of javadoc:aggregate doesn't seem to do anything.

Do I have to unpack the javadoc artifacts of the contributors with the
dependency plugin to accomplish the task at hand?