Please see configurations used in archetype-metadata.xml in :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/specification/archetype-metadata.html

When  additional properties are defined that must be valued before the file
generation. The additional properties can be provided with default values,
which enable not to ask the user for there values.

So here the value for context-root will not be asked since a default value
is provided ..

Thanks
Saritha SV