I am trying to create a new plugin webapp with two goals clean and refresh to
extend the functionality of the maven-war-plugin. webapp:clean would clean
the webappDirectory and webapp:refresh would refresh the warSourceDirectory
and apply modifications to the webappDirectory (similar to war:exploded but
doesn't proces the source directory) skipping the web.xml (guessed it right,
hotdeploy for jsp's, tags, images alone) and ofcourse use the configuration
defined in maven-war-plugin as it is like any filtering, blah blah, without
.

The way i am hoping to achieve this is,get hold of the maven-war-plugin
instance based on the project pom somehow and invoke custom methods with in
that Mojo. I don't know if there is a way to do the first part?

I have digged through the users forum and the tutorials/blogs available on
maven plugin development. However, i couldn't find a good example that i can
refer to in my situation. I am not experience plugin writer (infact this is
the first onmy own, apart from the standard hello world examples). Any
suggesstions that can help me getting through my first plugin is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you
Anil