Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried this plugin earlier thats not what i
wanted. This plugin reads the metadata information of the plugin at compile
time. I need something that can read the configuration of from the pom for
maven-war-plugin (if no configuration specified, take defaults), and provide
them to my custom plugin. To give an example, below is the current
configuration we have in our web application.

<pom.xml>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <configuration>
      <warSourceDirectory>src/webapp</warSourceDirectory>
      <webappDirectory>${jboss.expldoed}</webappDirectory>
      <filters>
        <filter>src/main/filters/${filter}.properties</filter>
      </filters>
      <webResources>
        <resource>
          <directory>src/webapp/WEB-INF</directory>
          <filtering>true</filtering>
          <includes>
            <include>tabconfig.xml</include>
          </includes>
        </resource>
      </webResources>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>
</pom>

When i use my custom goal webapp:refresh - i would like to refresh the
webapp directory alone using the above configuration. I would really not
like to redefined this configuration again for my custom plugin of the pom.