It is happening during a multi-module build, but it also occurs when I run that
individual project in isolation. How would I give you the listing of other
plugins being used (beyond maven-ant-run I am using just the default java
project plugin maven-compiler-plugin)

I am additionally using the ant-contrib 1.0b3 library included as a dependency
in the maven-ant-run plugin (along with some other application specific
dependencies not directly ANT related).

Here's the full pom.xml plugin definition (inside a "liquibase-diff" profile):
        <profile>
            <id>liquibase-diff</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins
                                                </groupId>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <phase>install</phase>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>run</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                        <configuration>
                            <tasks>
                                <echo>PERFORMING LIQUIBASE FUNCTIONS</echo>
                                <property name="compile_classpath"
                                    refid="maven.compile.classpath" />
                                <property name="runtime_classpath"
                                    refid="maven.runtime.classpath" />
                                <property name="test_classpath"
                                    refid="maven.test.classpath" />
                                <property name="plugin_classpath"
                                    refid="maven.plugin.classpath" />
                                <property name="project_classpath"
                                    value="${project.build.directory}/classes"
/>
                                <property name="liquibaseDir"

value="${basedir}/src/main/resources/changelogs/mysql/complete" />
                                <property name="changeLogFile"

value="${liquibaseDir}/liquibase.changelog.xml" />
                                <property name="outputFile"

value="${liquibaseDir}/liquibase-update.sql" />
                                <ant antfile="liquibase-build.xml">
                                    <target name="diffDatabaseToChangeLog" />
                                </ant>
                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                        <dependencies>