I don't see what problems this would cause in practice. Can you elaborate?

I feel setting up local repository managers is an overkill. The need for
connectionless building is ad hoc, we need to build on machine X today, then
on machine Y the next day. I would like to be able to build without too much
effort, not installing and configuring Artifactory or other repository
manager each time.