Hi all,

I'm reposting this message here, because by mistake I have posted this one
in the dev forum......

I'm completely new to maven and I'm trying get a grip by running some
examples through a book using maven and archiva, but even though everything
seems to work fine, when I'm trying to issue the "mvn deploy" command I'm
getting the following errors.....
(I believe that I have set the pom.xml, settings.xml and
settings-security.xml properly...)

The result is a "Return code is: 401" error because it seems like the
deployment is failing since the handshaking is failing.....
(I have attached the "trace" at the bottom just in case is more helpful....)

Any help will be more than welcome....
Many thanks in advance....

michail

[WARNING] Not decrypting password for server 'snapshots' due to exception in
sec
urity handler.
Cause: Given final block not properly padded
[WARNING] Not decrypting password for server 'releases' due to exception in
secu
rity handler.
Cause: Given final block not properly padded

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error deploying
artifact
: Failed to transfer file:
http://localhost:8085/archiva/repository/snapshots/co
m/effectivemaven/chapter01/simple-webapp/1.0-SNAPSHOT/simple-webapp-1.0-20091023
.135717-2.war. Return code is: 401
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:6
0)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error deploying
artif
act: Failed to transfer file:
http://localhost:8085/archiva/repository/snapshots
/com/effectivemaven/chapter01/simple-webapp/1.0-SNAPSHOT/simple-webapp-1.0-20091
023.135717-2.war. Return code is: 401
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.deploy.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java:195
)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:490)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.ArtifactDeploymentException:
Error
 deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://localhost:8085/archiva/repo
sitory/snapshots/com/effectivemaven/chapter01/simple-webapp/1.0-SNAPSHOT/simple-
webapp-1.0-20091023.135717-2.war. Return code is: 401
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy(Def
aultArtifactDeployer.java:121)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.deploy.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java:173
)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Failed to
transfer fi
le:
http://localhost:8085/archiva/repository/snapshots/com/effectivemaven/chapte
r01/simple-webapp/1.0-SNAPSHOT/simple-webapp-1.0-20091023.135717-2.war.
Return c
ode is: 401
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.finishPutT
ransfer(LightweightHttpWagon.java:205)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.putTransfer(AbstractWagon.java:4
13)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.transfer(AbstractWagon.java:392)

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.putTransfer(AbstractWagon.java:3
65)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.put(StreamWagon.java:163)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(D
efaultWagonManager.java:317)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putArtifact(Def
aultWagonManager.java:227)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy(Def
aultArtifactDeployer.java:107)
        ... 20 more