My guess is that something has gone wrong when you encrypted your passwords.
I would start by having the passwords in clear text (skip the
settings-security.xml file). When you get that to work, go on to encrypting
them.

http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/10/maven-tips-and-tricks-encrypting-passwords/

/Anders