Hello:

I am realitively new to maven and could use some guidance on the following task.

I have project that current has a mixture of spring and hibernate objects which I can build fine using maven. However for another task, I need to create a jar that contains only the DTO and Interface classes from the first project above.

Whats the best way to approach this? Can I create a new goal like "jar" to extract and package this? If so, how do I do it? Alternatively, I can split the project into two. One that contains just the DTO and interfaces and the other which contains the implementations of these interfaces.

Thanks for your help