To handle versions of dependencies in Maven you use a dependencyManagement
section, which you normally put in a parent pom. By doing this, you only
have to change the version in one place when you upgrade to a new version.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

/Anders