Dear Maven Folk,

This is a query that's been asked before relating to the maven-war-plugin, but
I've done some digging and I can't find an answer, so I'd be very grateful if
anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've got a project A which depends on a war B and so I'm using an overlay.  I
need to replace some of the files in B with modified versions that live in A.
The maven-war-plugin versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 do this fine, but versions after
that don't - they overwrite the files I've got in the parent project A with
ones from B, but I never want that to happen.

I've tried re-ordering the overlay using the <overlays> element, and specifying
an empty <overlay> to identify the current project.  I've tried this with
versions 2.1-alpha-1, 2.1-alpha-2 and 2.1-beta-1, and there is no order I can
specify the overlays in any of them to ensure that files from the dependency do
not overwrite the files in my project.  I've seen issues that refer to this,
and which say the issue is resolved (e.g.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-47,
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-66) but I cannot find a way to achieve the
desired behaviour in any version of the plugin after 2.0.1.  There is a
currently open Major issue (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-149) which
describes the problem I have, but it was raised 20 months ago and nobody has
commented on it, suggesting that development effort has moved elsewhere.  Does
anybody know of a way to achieve this using version 2.1-x of the
maven-war-plugin?

Thanks very much,

Conan Cook
Senior Applications Developer
Academic Technologies Group (ATG)
University of the West of England
Frenchay Campus
Bristol BS16 1QY

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software
and none were found