From: Damon Silver [mailto:damon.sil...@diio.net]
Sent: 10 November 2009 18:59
To: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: RE: maven-war-plugin overlay ordering

Inside your configuration for maven-war-plugin, I would do something like
this (this is untested but approximate):

          <overlays>
            <overlay>
              <id>someOverlay</id>
              <groupId>foo.bar</groupId>
              <artifactId>baz.bax</artifactId>
              <type>war</type>
              <includes>
                <include>path/to/directory/**</include>
              </includes>
              <targetPath>somewhere/out/of/the/way</targetPath>
            </overlay>
            <overlay>
              <!--
                Empty groupId/artifactId detected as the current build.
                someOverlay overlays must come before this for
<webResources>
                block below to work properly!
              -->
            </overlay>
          </overlays>
          <webResources>
            <resource>

<directory>${project.build.directory}/war/work/yourProjectsGroupId/somewhere
/out/of/the/way</directory>
              <targetPath>new/directory</targetPath>
              <includes>
                <include>fileToOverwriteWith1</include>