I would suggest that maybe profiles would be better suited... if you specify
the defaultGoal in the profile it gets even easier...

But to be honest, you are going against *The Maven Way™*

This is usually (but not always) a sign that you will soon be fighting
Maven, and that is a fight that you can only win with the loss of all of
your hair ;-)

-Stephen