Hi,

I have a master pom that has several sub-projects that build war files:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.example</groupId>
 <artifactId>MyArtifact</artifactId>
 <version>1.0</version>
 <packaging>pom</packaging>
 <name>MyArtifact</name>

 <modules>
   <module>modules/Project1</module>
   <module>modules/Project2</module>
   <module>products/WarProject1</module>
   <module>products/WarProject2</module>

The WarProject1 and 2 poms also use the maven-assembly plugin, in case this matters. What happens is it builds the dependencies (Project1 and Project2), then it goes and builds WarProject1, which causes it to build the dependencies all over again, then it builds WarProject2 and again kicks off a build of all dependencies. Has anyone else experienced this? It is making my builds take an hour!

I can post more details if need be. Thanks for any light one might shed on this.

Best,

Seth