On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:48:09 +0100
Sebastian Hoß <m...@shoss.de> wrote:

> Hey list!
>
> ..
>
> So how do you specify alternative output directories for javadocs? Any
> help on that is appreciated :-)

Ah well, I've done it:

Using reportSets you can specify the destDir for the javadoc:javadoc
goal and the javadoc:test-javadoc goal independently [1]. So I ended up
with something like this:

        <plugin>
            <version>2.6.1</version>
            <reportSets>
                <reportSet>
                    <id>main-html</id>
                    <configuration>
                        <destDir>api</destDir>
                    </configuration>
                    <reports>
                        <report>javadoc</report>
                    </reports>
                </reportSet>
                <reportSet>
                    <id>test-html</id>
                    <configuration>
                        <destDir>testapi</destDir>
                    </configuration>
                    <reports>
                        <report>test-javadoc</report>
                    </reports>
                </reportSet>
            </reportSets>
        </plugin>

That gives me the desired result but I still think that the plugin
documentation mentioned in my last mail is wrong..

[1]:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/test-javadocs.html