I added a simple xjb and reduced the number of collisions. Regardless of the
executions or plugin selected - the work is all done underneath by xjc.
Customizing the bindings externally via *.xjb files seems to be the
solution.

I would really like to know what the "offical" jaxb maven plugin really is
:)

It's too late to continue. Thanks for reading and helping me out!