Hi,

I'm using maven-release-plugin 2.0-beta9 and I'm still getting <scm> urls
rewritten at each deployment.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-231 is been closed quite a while
ago, so many we're not speaking about the same rewriting.

The way we use the <SCM> tag in our organization is trough a parent pom that
is suppose to set the <SCM> for each every child project.

It looks like this:
<scm>
        <connection>scm:svn:${svn.root}/trunk/${artifactId}</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:${svn.root}/trunk/${artifactId}</developerConnection>
        <url>${svn.root}/trunk/${artifactId}</url>
</scm>

What I'm not getting is that while it's the only <SCM> tag in the whole
maven configuration, it gets rewritten at parent-pom deployment time WITH
parent-pom properties.

Even though, when releasing a child project based on this parent release,
Release plugin seems to find it's way to our Subversion without any other
help.

I really don't understand how this can possibly work.
Could somebody enlighten me on this?

rgds
-jean