2009/12/9 Nord, James <jn...@nds.com>:
> I'm having a really strange error in Maven 2.2.1 and the enforcer plugin.
>
> Basically it appears as though the super pom is missing version definitions
> for the following even though they should be present according to the web
> documentation (and performing a help:effective-pom shows them listed in the
> pluginManagement section):
> *       maven-clean-plugin
> *       maven-deploy-plugin
> *       maven-install-plugin
> *       maven-site-plugin
>
> Anyone any ideas what's happening?

If I read your mail correctly then you're thinking the Enforcer plugin
should not complain about missing versions if those versions are
provided by the super pom. But think about it, if you upgrade to a
newer Maven version then you could get a different super pom and as
such your build is not reproducible.

You should explicitly list the versions of everything you use. Don't
depend on the super pom to do it for you. The Enforcer plugin is just
doing what you asked it to do.