> My take on the Enforcer plugin is to make builds reproducible given
> the same environment at a latter date.  Changing Maven version (or
> JDK!) changes the environment and is out of scope IMHO.  This is
> especially the case if you explicitly limit the version of Maven and
> JDK (and OS!) used in the enforcer rules, and setting these does
> make sure your build is reproducible.

Sounds like you want Enforcer to work like:

if version of plugin not in this pom, or a parent etc
and
maven version locked down
and
jdk version is locked down
and
maven super pom specifies version of this plugin
then
do not fail

You can certainly hack the code yourself or file a JIRA to make it
work like you expect with a configurable flag to turn that feature
on/off.

Wayne