Well, first I would work very hard to be able to use the EXACT same ear in
both testing and production. You want to test the very same thing that you
put in production, IMO.

Instead of using profiles, I would have two different projects - one
producing the ear for testing and the other producing the one for
production. By doing so you can produce both ears in one build. Possibly you
could just have one project and produce the ear for production as the
primary artifact and then the one for testing with a classifier. Having two
different projects is probably easier.

/Anders