Hi there,

We are using m2eclipse plugin for our maven2 project in eclipse. It
seems it cannot resolve properties from settings file. When we enabled
Dependency Management for M2 plugin it gives errors for the main
pom.xml that cannot resolve systempath for the dependencies in system
scope.

Here is the errors Eclipse produces when enabled dependency management
of M2 plugin:
        - Project build error: For dependency weblogic:weblogic:jar:
system-scoped dependency must specify an absolute systemPath but is
${local_bea_home}/server/lib/weblogic.jar
        - Project build error: For dependency weblogic:webservices:jar:
system-scoped dependency must specify an absolute systemPath but is
${local_bea_home}/server/lib/webservices.jar
        - Project build error: For dependency weblogic:jms510:jar:
system-scoped dependency must specify an absolute systemPath but is
${local_bea_home}/server/lib/jms510.jar
        - Project build error: For dependency weblogic:wlsybase:jar:
system-scoped dependency must specify an absolute systemPath but is
${local_bea_home}/server/lib/wlsybase.jar
        - Project build error: For dependency javax.net.ssl:jsse:jar:
system-scoped dependency must specify an absolute systemPath but is
${java1_4.home}/jre/lib/jsse.jar

The dependencies defined in the main pom.xml as follows:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>weblogic</groupId>
      <artifactId>weblogic</artifactId>
      <version>8.1.4.0</version>
      <scope>system</scope>
      <systemPath>${local_bea_home}/server/lib/weblogic.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>weblogic</groupId>
      <artifactId>webservices</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>system</scope>
      <systemPath>${local_bea_home}/server/lib/webservices.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>weblogic</groupId>
      <artifactId>wlsybase</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>system</scope>
      <systemPath>${local_bea_home}/server/lib/wlsybase.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>weblogic</groupId>
      <artifactId>jms510</artifactId>
      <version>8.1.4.0</version>
      <scope>system</scope>
      <systemPath>${local_bea_home}/server/lib/jms510.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
         <groupId>javax.net.ssl</groupId>
         <artifactId>jsse</artifactId>
         <version>1.4.2</version>
         <scope>system</scope>
         <systemPath>${java1_4.home}/jre/lib/jsse.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>

Properties are defined in profile in settings.xml and the profile
activated. The project builds when we run it through command line or
eclipse without enabling dependency management of M2 plugin.

Any help on this would be greatly appreceated.

Regards
Maruf